Sunday, January 17, 2016

Christian Loubou(sa)tin


High Heels. An accessory that society has created for women that tricks them into believing that they need it in order to be seen as sexy and classy. I have fallen for this trickery. I, like many women, own several pairs of heels, from high end to cheapy basics, but nothing compares to the oh-so-popular Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100MM.




These shoes are honestly the devil, although Mr. Christian Louboutin himself stated he does not make shoes for comfort but more for aesthetics, I was hoping these bad boys would at least be more comfortable than they are. I purchased mine a few years back from Saks Fifth Avenue in New York. When S.A brought out several heights and sizes, I fell in love. Knowing myself, I knew I would not be able to deal with the 120mm, because when I tried them on I started to lean forward, so I opted out for the 100( about 4in) which is the normal height for heels for me. I trotted around in the store, and loved them. The plush carpet made me feel as if I was walking on a cloud. I whipped out my card and I became an owner of my second pair of C.L (first and last pair of Pigalles).




The first few times I wore these they were manageable until the 10 min mark hit. I found myself having to bite the bullet refusing to take them off, (I really despise taking off my shoes in public). Pretty much, these shoes have barely any soles, so the ball of feet is constantly face planting on the ground. Although these are the typical 4in, they are very steep so you basically turn into a ballerina. Lastly I'm lucky enough to not have a wide foot so the pointed toe does not bother me, but what does bother me is that my foot slide further into the front of the shoe box making it feel pretty uncomfortable.



Would I discourage people from buying this? No. If you truly want these shoes...get them... it is your money. But since I'm not an avid high heel wearer (I'm more of an 3in boot wearer) I do not find these very comfortable. When I do have fancy events to attend, I still whip them out, but making sure whatever I am attending allows me ample sitting down time.

xx FuschiaDiva

No comments:

Post a Comment