Friday, July 3, 2015

Pocket Friendly X-Mas Tree Skirt

Tis the season for….SAVING!
This is the time of year where money flies out of your pocket faster than a cat is able to knock a cup off of a table. This year i switched from a real to a synthetic tree, this is a big change for me, but with this adjustment i decided i wanted a festive tree skirt. I went shopping around to purchase one, but i was stunned at how expensive they run for, you will not get me this time! With a vision and $20 i went shopping at the holy grail of all craft stores, MICHAELS for my supplies. I was lucky enough to have a coupon for 20% off of my purchase.

You Will Need:
9X12 white felt = 33cents
9X12 green felt= 33 cents
9X12 brown felt= 33 cents
36X36 red felt= $4
pompoms= $1.79
8mm eyes= $1
Hot Glue gun and sticks= Had at home, but under $8
Sequens=$2
Pearls= from previous project
Orange & Black Sharpie
Black Nail Polish





















-I started off with the red felt which i cut into a 4 leaf clover, the shape is optional, you can cut it into a circle, or keep it as a square
-Then i went on to the snowmen, i cut 3 different size circle for the body, then repeated that until i had 4 complete snowmen, i hot glued the bodies together
-Taking the black polish, i dabbed three dot to make the button
-On the face, i used the orange sharpie to create the carrot nose, and the black sharpie I made dots for the mouth, i then glued the eyes onto the face.


-I used the black polish and paint pieces of the white felt to create the arms, and used scraps from the red felt to create the scarf.

I measured each 4th of the red felt and found the center to be a 9X8…so from there I placed the snow man to where i seen it fit.

Now for the tree, I cute my green felt in half. Using one half of the felt i folded it into 4 pieces and then cut out my tree. I used more scraps from the red felt to create ornaments which i glued onto the felt. I then used my pearls and stuck them onto my tree. I proceeded to glue where i desired.






I had 2 packs of pompoms which contained 15 per pack, divided that by 4, and found I would have an even 7 per square. I found the placing i desired then glued them on.

for the sequences, I alternated between gold and silver which I then hot glued on to the felt.



Did I mention, this project only needs on large hot glue stick to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment